Pune, also known as the “Oxford of the East”, is a bustling city located in the western part of India. With its rich history, stunning natural beauty, and cultural heritage, Pune is a popular tourist destination.
Here are some of the best places to visit in Pune:
- Shaniwar Wada: Shaniwar Wada is a historic fortification in the city center, once the palace of the Maratha Empire’s rulers.
- Osho Ashram: Osho Ashram is a spiritual retreat center that attracts visitors from around the world.
- Aga Khan Palace: The Aga Khan Palace is a historic building that was once the residence of Mahatma Gandhi during India’s freedom struggle.
- Sinhagad Fort: Sinhagad Fort is a historic hill fort that offers panoramic views of the surrounding hills and valleys.
- Raja Dinkar Kelkar Museum: Raja Dinkar Kelkar Museum is a museum dedicated to the life and works of the famous Maratha sculptor and scholar, Raja Dinkar Kelkar.
- Pune University: The University of Pune is one of India’s leading educational institutions, and is home to several historic buildings and monuments.
- Pataleshwar Cave Temple: The Pataleshwar Cave Temple is an ancient rock-cut temple dedicated to Lord Shiva.
- Katraj Snake Park: Katraj Snake Park is a park dedicated to reptiles and snakes, and is a popular destination for families and nature lovers.
- Parvati Hill and Temple: Parvati Hill is a hilltop temple dedicated to the Hindu goddess Parvati, and offers stunning views of the city.
- Lal Mahal: Lal Mahal is a historic palace that was once the residence of the Maratha king, Shivaji Maharaj.
These are just a few of the many amazing places to visit in Pune. Whether you are interested in history, spirituality, nature, or culture, Pune has something for everyone. So, pack your bags and come experience the beauty of this incredible city!