A number of households, especially those in North India, would prefer chicken or mutton biryani over all other rice-based pilafs and delicacies. The good thing about the humble chicken biryani is: it is rich and flavourful, and makes for a healthy and tasty meal. Those wanting to eat non-vegetarian cannot say no to the humble chicken biryani.
It might a little for time than usual to prepare the traditional chicken biryani, but the effort is truly worth it. Those wanting to prepare chicken biryani at home need to ensure that only the best Basmati rice is used.
Here is how you can prepare the humble chicken biryani at home:
The Ingredients Required:
- Chicken (1 kg)
- Basmati rice
- Green Chilli paste (1 tablespoon)
- Salt (as per your taste and preference)
- Ginger garlic paste (1 tablespoon)
- Cumin seeds ½ tablespoon
- Cinnamon sticks (3-4)
- 3-4 Cloves
- Mint leaves
- Coriander leaves
- 250 gms of curd
- Cooking oil (half cup)
- 1 ½ cup of rice
- 1/2 cup water
(For Preparing Chicken)
- Take 1 kg meat and make it a point to wash it thoroughly
- After getting done with the washing bit, boil the chicken in a pot
- Now, take a pan and heat some oil in it and add salt and garlic paste to it. Now, add cumin seeds and cardamom to it to add a touch of aroma.
- Add curd to your chicken and stir well.
- In case you want it to have gravy, add water to it and stir it well. The thickness of the gravy can vary according to the amount of water added.
For Preparing the Rice:
- As a first step, take a cup of basmati rice and clean the rice carefully and thoroughly.
- Now, you need to take a separate pan and heat some oil in it.
- Heat the oil and add some spices to it, such as green chillies, garlic paste, cumin seeds, cardamom, red chilli powder, etc.
- Now, add rice into the pan and stir the mixture well.
- Add butter to it
- Do not forget to add the veggies to it as these would make the pilaf richer and tastier.
- Once the rice is cooked, boil a couple of eggs and add them to the rice
- As the last step, add chicken over the rice and let it stay covered for 5-7 minutes
- Serve it with curd and mint chutney.
Enjoy lavish meals over the weekend with Daawat Basmati. Those finding it hard to figure out which Basmati rice is good can go for Daawat Basmati because it is the best Basmati that fits into everybody’s monthly budget.
Daawat Basmati rice brings you the best-quality Basmati that can be enjoyed by you on a daily basis. With Daawat, you get to experience the rich taste and aroma of the genuine Basmati. Get a bag of Daawat Basmati and enjoy your meals like never before.