Telecom Tower Installation Companies In India
Telecommunication towers are typically tall structures to sustain antennas for broadcasting or transmission of information such as sound, images, videos over a great distance in the form of electromagnetic signals. The scope and use of telecommunication tower is very vast such as in mobile, television, navigation, internet and radio sectors.
Types of Telecom Towers
- Lattice towers: These towers are specifically used in sectors which require mounting large number of dish antennas and panels. They are also used as electricity transmission towers, observation towers or radio towers.
- Guyed towers: These are steel structures and range from lightweight to heavyweight depending on the job profile. Their purpose is to provide utmost efficiency, versatility and effortless installation. They are supported by levels of stranded steel guy cables that anchor to the ground.
- Monopole towers: they are the most popular type of telecom tower in the market. Monopole towers are specialized in working in tedious environment with limited space, extreme weather conditions. Their structure consists of a single pole that has tubular section formed.
- Mobile cell towers: they are also known as tower in wheels because of their easy portability, they are very discreet and versatile in nature and are often used in emergency for temporary use.
Other commonly used telecommunication towers are
- Rooftop Telecommunication Tower
- Ground Base Telecommunication Tower
- Triangular Telecommunication Tower
- Square Telecommunication Tower
- Tubular Telecommunication Tower
- Angular Telecommunication Tower
Telecom Tower Companies In India
They are an integral part in the economic structure of our country, because of which many business have started investing in telecom towers, it has great return on investment and palpable business opportunity.
As of now there are 13 telecom tower companies in India. Indus tower being the leading telecom tower company in India has around 80,000 number of towers in the country. It is a joint venture of Vodafone, Bharti Airtel and Idea.
Here Is the list of all the 13-telecom tower company India and the number of towers they have:-
|COMPANY||NO. OF TOWERS|
|Quippo Telecom Infrastructure (QTIL)||23,000|
|American Tower Corp||4,000|
|India Telecom Infra Limited||1,000|
|Independent Mobile Infrastructure||400|
The decision of requirement of a telecom tower is based on the Radio Frequency Analysis (RFA) done by the company.
Procedure of Telecom Tower Installation
- They determine the location where the tower should be stationed and then approach the owner of the property for permission.
- Preference is given to highest building in the locality for tower installation, because RFA is better at heights.
- After the consent of the owner, there are a few legal permissions and documentations.
- Structural safety certificate: This certificate is important when towers are stationed on a public building or schools and hospitals.
- Consent from authority: Consent of municipality or the respective authority is mandatory.
- Indemnity bond: this bond is for taking care of any loss of life or property done by the tower.